Wednesday 1 April 2015

Recent acquisitions from the Tiverton SSS spring auction


I was unable to attend the meeting in person and missed out on the displays and banter. Most of my postbids were successful. I was very lucky to have bid successfully for the 1891 1c postage paid newspaper wrapper and a couple of nice uncommon but philatelic Sabah retour covers from Papar and Menumbok. Here are some of the other items.

This is the bottom corner adhesive of a miniature sheet of 9 with composite values of $10 and $5 in the same basic design and colour. This is in a beautiful light green and black on yellowish paper. It was a printers' sample which Waterlow & Sons used as examples of their work to submit to Governments who approached them for quotations.

I have a soft spot for this nice blue Goebilt cds. This one has a complete date of 15 Feb 1923. It was used between 1910 and 1924. I posted a more detailed background to this cancellation previously. You can see it by clicking here.


Here are a couple of philatelic paquebot covers which I bid and won on the cheap. Paquebots are one of my favourite collecting themes.

No comments:

Post a Comment